About this site
What we offer
Under this project, each selected school will receive the following at no cost to the school:
- A full-fledged open-source learning management system (LMS) per school under a sub-domain of edunet.lk, hosted in Switzerland and maintained by us.
- Two teachers from each school will receive online training on site administration to manage the LMS and to support other staff in the use of the same.
- Any teachers who are willing to use this system may receive >online training in managing the delivery of online classes as needed.
The schools need to bring
The school is responsible for arranging required resources, such as:
- Computers and Internet access for the users: Please note that the LMS, based on the Moodle platform, is mobile-friendly. The students can access the LMS on any device: PC, laptop, tablet or smart-phone. The teachers would usually need a tablet, laptop or a PC to conduct the classes.
- Zoom accounts for the teachers: A free account is sufficient, which will enable the children to connect to online classes straight from the LMS, thereby simply connecting to the correct class every time.